Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

I have a guinea pig with rosettes (whorls) she has what

Customer Question

I have a guinea pig with rosettes (whorls) she has what looks like bad dandruff, not so shiny and greasy, smelly skin, any ideas?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is around ten months old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Taz?
Customer: Taz is one of 3 pigs sharing a cage. she is the only one with the skin condition.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has she had these signs?

Is she itching with this?

Any changes to her diet or the bedding you use?

Do you mean it does smell or doesn't?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou for your response. I have decided to take her to my local vet, now. I expected her to have passed away overnight. I may have gotten lucky. I will let you now the outcome.