Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My 2 1/2 yr old cat wants to eat but will not. She plays and

Customer Question

My 2 1/2 yr old cat wants to eat but will not. She plays and is eliminating normally. Can't understand this at all.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Livi
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Livi?
Customer: She was born and lived in a shelter until we adopted her about 1 1/2 years ago. She will be three in February. She doesn't want to be around the dog but she is not afraid of hm.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 14 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for asking your question. My name is***** will try to help.

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 14 days ago.

How long have you had her? Has she ever eaten normally?

Is she having bowel movements every day? If she is that means she is eating and you said she is eliminating normally so that part is confusing me.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We've had her 1 1/2 years. She is having bowel movements, but small pieces instead of normal. She has never had a problem eating before.
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 14 days ago.

Can you look in her mouth and see if there is anything stuck in there or if there is redness, loose, teeth, odor?

Does she go outside?

Any vomiting?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
There doesn't seem to be any swelling or redness. But, she is a cat and doesn't appreciate the handling, so we could have missed something. Spoke to my husband and we made an appt. with our own vet for Monday.
Thank you for trying to help us.
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 13 days ago.

Ok great. I think seeing the vet in person is best. : ) You are welcome.