Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

We just got a kitten she seems to be stuffed up, watery eyes

Customer Question

We just got a kitten she seems to be stuffed up, watery eyes and sneezing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: I am not sure it is my neighbors
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: She came from a farm, he does not have a lot of money, she is about 3 to 4 months old
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 22 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. The sad facts are that young unvaccinated kittens particularly ones which have come a semi-feral sort of environment such as farm cats often suffer from a range of infectious viral respiratory diseases. Often these are not fatal but the affected kitten may be left a chronic disease involving sneezing and / or eye discharge.

2. It is very kind of your neighbour to take this kitten and I really wish I could suggest some sort of simple home remedy but sadly this is not possible as in almost all cases you are going to need prescription drugs such a course antibiotics and antibiotic eye drops. Accordingly all I can suggest is that your neighbour has this kitten checked over by a local vet.

3. Here is a link to an accurate article which covers this group of diseases in more depth : LINK

4. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk this issue over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you her name is ***** ***** will get her to a vet tomorrow

That's by far the best thing to do.

Please let me know how Gingersnap gets on ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 21 days ago.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Gingersnap is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her respiratory disease ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 18 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?