Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

I just bought a 5 month old veiled chemeleon, when we first

Customer Question

I just bought a 5 month old veiled chemeleon, when we first brought her home she was extremely happy and bright in color. A few daya ago she started her first shedding (in my presence that is) and now she seems very aggravated and is dark in color most of the time. When the skin on her ribs peeled away I noticed a few small bumps on her sides, both sides, near her ribs. Lastly she's been getting very active when I turn off her daytime lamp, climbing up the walls of the enclosure and even into the ceiling are these things related Or am I a paranoid first time chemeleon mama
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the chameleon's name?
Customer: Sarah ***** *****.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Sarah ***** *****?
Customer: No not really
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 28 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years working with Reptiles.

Can you tell me about her enclosure?

Do you have an auto mister?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?

Basking light?

Where do you have her enclosure?

Can you post a picture of the bumps?

Joan