Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

Last night I unfortunately broke something small that was

Customer Question

Hi, Good Morning Pearl. Last night I unfortunately broke something small that was glass in my kitchen. Luckily, my dog was sleeping in the bedroom at the time. I was able to seclude her in there while I cleaned up the kitchen floor as best as I could. Later, I gave her a bowl of chicken breast as a treat. This morning she seems to be in pain. She is moving only in slow motion and let out a yelp when I tried to pick her up, which she has never done before. I don't know if her stomach is upset because she gobbled up too much chicken to quickly or if she accidentially ingested a shard of glass. Can you please tell me what I can do for to help her recover? Something like a small shard of glass would not show up on an x-ray. I am also in between vets right now and not sure who I can trust.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Thank you. Her name is ***** ***** she is seven years old in human years.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Hani?
Customer: She is very sensitive to energy also. Maybe she is picking up on the craziness of the election this morning.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to learn Hani is not feeling well. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

2- She did not get into the glass, correct?

3- How was the chicken seasoned?