Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My Capuchin monkeys got out and ate some of my

Customer Question

My Capuchin monkeys got out and ate some of my medication...what do I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please answer the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { Minutes or hours ago } ?
2. What was the name of this / these meds, and what strength was this drug { In mg } ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1-3 hours ago.
Missing are 2 Bupropion HCL 150 mg.( found 1 partial chewed)
2 Centrum Silver
2 doxy-cycline HYC 20 mg
2 Ranitidine 150 mg.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Given the time scale it is now too late to try and recover these meds by inducing vomiting and in any case this is not easy in monkeys.

2. Giving the milk is not a bad idea but basically all you can do at this point is to monitor them for any odd symptoms such as as vomiting, lethargy and uncoordination. And of course take them to an ER vet without delay if you become concerned in any way.

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if any of your monkey's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just got back from the ER. Your service took too long, and I didn't get the feeling you were really there to help...just seemed like you wanted money and then more money to talk to someone.

I am sorry you are unhappy with my service but the main thing is the welfare of your monkeys.

Please update me on how you got on.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 30 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lacy Benji. How is everything going?