Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

I have rabbits. Occasionally male rabbits will fight. I have

Customer Question

I have rabbits. Occasionally male rabbits will fight. I have one that has a bite that appears to be infected on his testicle. When this has happened before a vet prescribed Baytril and it seemed to do a great job. I'm hoping I can get your help in treating this one.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the rabbit's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is just over a year old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Whiskers?
Customer: No otherwise a happy healthy bunny
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How can I best assist you today?

If Baytril has worked in the past, it would be worthwhile to try baytril again. Have you considered separating the male rabbits to keep this from happening since it seems to be a recurring issue? Neutering them?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Of course I have separated them now, this is the first time this has happened with Whiskers. Can you prescribe baytril for Whiskers? The prescription for the previous rabbit with a bite was for 22.7 mg.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm happy to pay your fee. Rabbits get very panicky if taken to different surroundings. We've had one die on a return trip from the vet's and another fainted and was rev ived. That's why I hate to take them out.

Unfortunately, we do not write prescriptions through this website. It goes against licensing regulations in the USA that require doctors to establish a relationship, in person, with the patients for which they write the script. I apologize greatly.