Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

Ate 1 tablet of Hctz 25mg. 5 minutes ago. Mixed Russ. Wire

Ate 1 tablet of Hctz 25mg. 5 minutes ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Mixed jack Russ. Wire hair. Wt. 8 lbs.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know if Russ will be able to digest that. How old is Russ?
Customer: 1.5 YEARS OF AGE.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Russ?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** from local animal shelter and up to date on all immunization. Very healthy & active.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry Russ ate a Hctz tablet. I have a few questions,

1- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Friend, 25mg of HCTZ not likely to be life-threatening to Russ. He will urinate and drink more than usual otherwise very likely he will be fine. I would replace his water for pedialyte to replenish his electrolytes; you can buy pedialyte over the counter in any pharmacy. Make sure he has plenty of water or pedialyte available at all times. Symptoms to look for that would require a vet visit are weakness, pale gums, changes in respiration, etc. not likely to see these symptoms, but, just so you know.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you and the total cost for advise is $15.00 only correct.

Friend, I don't deal with charges questions I only answer veterinary questions, I am sorry. If you have any questions about cost you will need to ask customer service. I will submit this to customer service.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.