Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Mu guniea wont use bsck legs, She wont let me, Pip 3 months,

Customer Question

Mu guniea wont use bsck legs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She wont let me
JA: What is the guinea's name and age?
Customer: Pip 3 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pip?
Customer: She is making noise
Category: Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee onetoday.

How long ago did this start?

Is she painful and that is why you cannot check her legs?

Can she move her back legs at all?

Any chance of a fall or trauma?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She moved her leg when i touched her she was fine last night she wont eat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will she due
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Die
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Oh dear,

I have to say that if she cannot use her back legs but still has feeling, we need to be proactive and work fast. This raises concerns of severe trauma or spinal damage/inflammation. So, we need her to her vet urgently to be assessed and for cavy safe pain relief and anti-inflammatories to be started. Furthermore, if she won't eat, then she will be at high risk of fatal gastric stasis and could pass away if we don't get her back on track quickly. So, we'd need her vet to also start prokinetics to keep the gut moving and they can dispense a critical care diet that you will need to feed hourly until she is eating on her own. Any delay in having her seen and you will need to start syringe feeding with baby food preparations (obviously use the veggie ones) with her pelleted feed crushed into it.Though we'd hope once she is pain-free she would do so for you.

Overall, Pip's situation is dire and she needs to see her local vet urgently to give her a chance here. If you don’t already have an exotics vet and wish to find one, you can do so via http://www.aemv.org/vetlist.cfm, http://www.guinealynx.info/vetlist.html, or can seek our your local rabbit vet (http://rabbit.org/vet-listings/), as they too will often see our wee pocket pets as well.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )