Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My 8 week old puppy is acting very sick. He threw up a few

Customer Question

My 8 week old puppy is acting very sick. He threw up a few hours ago. There was some grasshoppers in it along with his food. He has had a formed stool and then 3 diarriah stools since. They looked kind of mucusy. And is saw a couple very small worms in it. He is very lethargic and walking like he is drunk. He perks up a little bit when he goes outside. He will not eat or drink any water. He does keep scratching his ear. His ears look like he might have mites but his color is pink. I'm starting to get very concerned because he won't drink. I'm not sure what I should do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Levinson replied 1 month ago.

hi there , this is Dr. Levinson and i'll try to help you out tonight

If you're seeing worms in the stool, which is a VERY common puppy problem try to get some over the counter dewormer for him. You can get at PetSmart/Petco/Mini pet mart or other pet store. If he's vomiting I would fast him for at least 6 hours and then try feeding him a very small meal of boiled rice and chicken. Y9ou can add water to the rice as he is not drinking.