PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My cat died tonight she had dark liquid all over her that

Customer Question

my cat died tonight she had dark green liquid all over her that came out of her mouth she was 10 in good health until a week ago she was very thin not eating and lethargic she was an outdoor cat as well as garage at night naps in the house by day i feel bad did i do something...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: irene she was 10
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Irene?
Customer: clean no fleas walking on the fence a week ago i saw that we got grub control 5 days ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gregg replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Gregg and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It must be a terrible shock to you. What was your cats name? The fact she was lethargic and not eating prior to her passing could be, unfortunately, due to many different things. The green liquid from her mouth could be due to bile backing up from the intestines if she was nauseous or had an intestinal blockage. It could also come from some toxic substance such as antifreeze (which is sweet tasting to cats and is quite toxic), or even mouse/rat poisons she could have gotten into in her roaming the area. The only way to know for sure would be to have her undergo a post mortum exam by a pathologist( called a Necropsy in Veterinary Medicine). That would require taking her to a Diagnostic Center at the closest Veterinary College. Unfortunately an expensive option. A local Veterinarian could do a basic Necropsy and perhaps give you an answer, but the Pathologists at the Diagnostic Center would have the best chance to get you an answer. Does that answer your question or can I help you further?

If you have no more questions please accept and rate me so the website knows I was helpful to you. good luck. Dr. Gregg

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

JACustomer, did you have any additional questions?