Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

R chinchilla isn't eating or drinking much the last few days

Customer Question

R chinchilla isn't eating or drinking much the last few days and he doesn't take his yogurt drop when I give it to him which he always does
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the chinchilla's name and age?
Customer: Pedro and I think he's about 5/6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pedro?
Customer: Not running around much either n it has been warm here in California except last wed Thursday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

What % of his food would you say he is still eating (50%, more or less)?

Has he any drooling, breathing changes, or belly discomfort?

Are his stools normal? Is he passing the same volume as usual?