Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

Fleas have covered my dog. Tiny black jumping bugs. What

Customer Question

Fleas have covered my dog. Tiny black jumping bugs. What should I do? Please answer.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today.

Friend, you will need to treat your dog with medication against fleas. If he is heavily infested this is a combination that I have found that works very well:

1- Frontline or the generic pet armour once a month for at least 3-4 months. You can keep him on it all year around.

2- Capstar tablets once a day every other day for 2 weeks.

3- Vacuum the home daily and get rid of the bag.

4- Treat the home with a product called fleabusters. You can buy this at amazon.com. It is very safe for pets and family and does an excellent job against the larva and eggs in the home.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.