Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My rabbit seems to have lost weight, is not moving well and

Customer Question

My rabbit seems to have lost weight, is not moving well and seems to have trouble balancing - eg when trying to wash. She is still eating and drinking well though
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your rabbit. What is the rabbit's name and age?
Customer: Rosie. I think she is 8, but she has been in good health until the last day or so and hasn't looked old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rosie?
Customer: Her teeth are not good - I have to clip the bottom incisors every few weeks because they grow too long
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Any change to her stool consistency?

Does she eat her pelleted feed and hay? Or does she only eat soft foods?

Has she been drinking more water?

Does she have a head tilt, circle in one direction, or does she just seem weak when balancing?