Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

Her nail is bent 90 degrees : Rabbit : No it hurts her

Customer Question

Her nail is bent 90 degrees
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Rabbit
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rabbit?
Customer: No it hurts her walking and to the touch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with are going to have to take your rabbit in because your rabbit will have to be sedated and have the nail cut back and cauterized. There is no way this can be handled at home. This requires vet intervention and I would consider taking her to the ER tonight so she does not have to be in pain all night. Otherwise take her in tomorrow asap. I hope this helps you. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.

Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need additional help. I check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B