Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Torticullis male bunny. Weight around pounds.

Customer Question

Torticullis male bunny. Weight around pounds. Gastrointestinal issues also stopped eating. I gave him .50 of Baytril and symethicone also. Just double checking dosage.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bunny's name and age?
Customer: 6 pounds
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bunny?
Customer: Taco around 6. He has been stressed because his mate is sick.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Enrofloxacin (Baytril) is recommended at 2.5-5 mg/lb twice daily when addressing torticollis due to Pasteurella or other bacteria. Treatment should extend for a minimum of 14 days. I'm not aware of any published dosage for the inert simethicone. There are 11+ mg of Baytril in 0.5 ml of the 22.7 mg/ml injectable solution.