Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

16 lb terrier mix, is usually very hyper, is slobbering,

Customer Question

16 lb terrier mix, is usually very hyper, is slobbering, threw up twice, and is laying around, no fever, what is wrong and is slobbering a lot
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation. What is this guy's name? How long ago did the slobbering and vomiting start? Was he normal over the last few days?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
little bit, 2 and a half hours but he is now up and moving around. yes she have been normal up until we let her out this morning and when we let her back in is when she got sick
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she seems fine now
Alright. I like that name! That is good that she is now up and moving around. What could be going on is that she found something outside that caused her some stomach upset. When a dog is feeling nauseated, they will get less active, drool, and then vomit. These all come with them feeling nauseated. What caused this? That is the unknown. Again something just being eaten that doesn't sit well is a lot of the times the cause. If it isn't that, then could they have eaten something more noxious / toxic, something foreign, or some other metabolic issue. With her feeling normal now, it would seem reasonable to pull food and water for 6 hours to let her stomach rest and to then start it up again and see what happens?