Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My shiatsu 7 years old is not eating and drinking sins Thursday

Customer Question

My shiatsu 7 years old is not eating and drinking sins Thursday evening, is very weak,and ,
I have a filing that he may be in pain when he moves. Halina.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question Halina. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? 2- Is he walking any different? 3- Any pre existing medical conditions? 4- Did he get into anything? 5- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He vomited ones yesterday with mucous no diarrhea.No pre existing conditions.
1- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale? 2- Can you take his rectal temperature?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I wait till tomorrow or I should go to emergency today.
Halina, if he is not eating or drinking since Thursday I am really concern about his hydration. If you have access to ER veterinarian I would have him checked today. ER vet can start him on supportive care of IV fluids while doing some testing to try to determine the cause for the lethargy and vomiting. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.