Rebecca, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have more than 30 years of veterinary practice experience.

My springer spanial had a fatty large tissue removed on

Customer Question

my springer spanial had a fatty large tissue removed on 'wednesday. the vet sent him hone with just sutures all the way from one side of the hip to the other. "sabastian" is wanting to lick the insicion. My question is that "can I put "polysporin"on him and then apply "PolyMem" over that with a surgecal tape to help him to control licking???
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sabastian. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. You can put Polysporin, or Neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment on the incision. I would not try to cover the incision with tape and Polymem; I would not want it that closely covered. I would try putting on a "backwards T shirt": Tail through the neckhole, hind legs through the armholes, and tie or use a rubber band around the extra material of the T shirt to make it snug but not tight around his body. You can cut a hole in the shirt for urination. Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Let me know if this was helpful and if you have any more questions.