Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My guinea pig cannot move her back legs JA: I'm sorry to

Customer Question

My guinea pig cannot move her back legs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your guinea pig. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: About 8 months old. Sqweekers is her name.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: I removed something from her vulva earlier not sure what it was or is.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your guinea pig.I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me the following:Is Sqweekers dragging her legs behind her?Does she feel it if you pinch a rear toe? She should react by jumping, squealing, and trying to get away... not just by pulling her leg back (that's a reflex).Is she otherwise healthy (not skinny, been eating well, etc.)?I'll look forward to your reply and will respond as quickly as possible.