Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.

My name yes my dorter Lamya has a pet ferret and he not

Customer Question

my name mary yes my dorter Lamya has a pet ferret and he not feeling good he keep trying to throw up and his stomach is kind of fat and keep whining he was good all day
Category: Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He keep crying
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, Mary. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I have to say that I am very worried about this ferret.

If he is throwing up, has a distended belly, and is crying; we'd be worried that he may have a gut blockage, gut twist, or severe GI upset. Therefore, since he is showing such serious signs, we really would want to have him seen by his vet urgently. We need them to check for blockages, as he may need surgery to remove anything stuck in the gut. Otherwise, his vet can at least treat him with gut safe pain relief, anti-nausea medication to stop his vomiting, +/- antibiotics to help settle this for him and get him comfortable.

In this situation, it would be prudent to get your wee one to the emergency vet. To find your local ER veterinary clinic, you can check @ or

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )