Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.
Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.
I am sorry to hear your pet bit into a AA battery earlier today. The inside of the battery can be corrosive in nature and can cause tissue damage, necrosis and ulceration. It is good that he is acting normal for now but could still have problems later depending on how much he ingested. I do have a few quick additional questions.
Can you look in his mouth. Do you see any burns, ulcers or abnormal areas of the skin?
How long ago did he bite into the battery?
- Dr. H
I see you are offline and haven't viewed my responses yet. I will wait around for your reply for a bit.