Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

Our dog bit into a AA battery earlier today. And very

Customer Question

Our dog bit into a AA battery earlier today. And very scared
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I'm wondering what I should be watching for if anything. It seems like he's acting like himself.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.

I am sorry to hear your pet bit into a AA battery earlier today. The inside of the battery can be corrosive in nature and can cause tissue damage, necrosis and ulceration. It is good that he is acting normal for now but could still have problems later depending on how much he ingested. I do have a few quick additional questions.

Can you look in his mouth. Do you see any burns, ulcers or abnormal areas of the skin?

How long ago did he bite into the battery?

- Dr. H

I see you are offline and haven't viewed my responses yet. I will wait around for your reply for a bit.

Thank you!

- Dr. H