Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

This is my adult samoyed, spayed,3rd UT I since feb. Severe

Customer Question

This is my adult samoyed, spayed,3rd UT I since feb. Severe nose bleed last time, just started nose bleed again. Same anti-bi. Oral & shots plus B. ????what do I do???I'm worried.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Are you referring to an upper respiratory infection (URI) or urinary tract infection (UTI)?

If you are referring to a UTI, how was the UTI diagnosed? Did she have a bacterial culture and susceptibility test performed to tell you what bacteria were causing it and which antibiotic (AB) would be most effective in clearing it?

How long was she treated with the AB on the previous 2 episodes? Was the urine cultured at the end of treatment to verify that it was sterile?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.