Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Back legs 't work very good; fall down takes time to get up

Customer Question

back legs don't work very good; fall down takes long time to get up looks confused
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are a number of causes for this condition. One is severe arthritis that is blocking the nerve supply causing this condition. The other possibility that is common in some cats is a Thrombosis that is blocking the blood supply to your guys legs causing this. For now, it is important that your vet examine your guy and do testing to determine what is causing this so the correct treatment can be given. If there is a Thrombosis, this is an emergency situation so try to get your guy to your vet for an exam as soon as possible.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
im pretty sure he has drunk contaminated water when he was a kitten, I only say that because I also got really sick from it to. his symptoms are : very stiff back legs , doesn't jump at all, off balance, falls over easily takes him a long time to get up , he is always thirsty, drools , and his claws do not retract.

It appears from these other symptoms that your cat may have neurologic damage due to either trauma or some other source possibly contaminated water. The only way you will know for sure is to have your guy tested. Until then, we can only speculate as to the cause for this illness.