Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

I have a rabbit and two guinea pigs the rabbit has s cage

Customer Question

I have a rabbit and two guinea pigs the rabbit has his cage and the guinea pigs have their own separate cage away from the rabbit. They share the same room, is this okay?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question I am Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I have good news for you! As long as none of the animals has a respiratory infection, then it is perfectly fine to have a rabbit in the same room as guinea pigs or other small pocket pets. The only thing that really transmits back and forth are repiratory disease and scabies mites (and only by traveling on the humans). So if your rabbits and pigs have no respiratory issues or skin problems it is just fine to have them in teh same room. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.

Dr. Dan