Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have an old pound hound, and she is approx. 15 years old.

Customer Question

I have an old pound hound, and she is approx. 15 years old. She has several tumors that are not really big, nor are the painfully for me to touch. But she does have one large tumor that is external, very close to her rear end. I am a 100% disabled veteran, so it is a chore having to use wet wipes on her bottom, so it does not get on the carpet. I have several decent photos of the tumor, but I don't think I can send them to you on this website. But would it be expensive to have that sack cut off, and away from her rear? She also sometimes scrapes the tumer, causing UT to bleed just a little bit. The tumor itself is rather gross looking, I need some help for my old lady. Thank you.
Category: Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish I could send you some photos of her external tumor.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You can. You can upload photos by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr. Salkin, I think I may have sent one about 5 minus ago. You can only send one, but I will try to bi'pass that. Be back in a few minutes. I just sent you six, somewhat gross looking.
Lee Bolin

Thank you! I think it's an alien from the planet Zorb. There isn't anything to do in a conservative vein. This simply needs to be removed. It appears to be pedunculated - on a stalk - which can make removal relatively easy but you've got a very old lady and a surgeon isn't going to jump in unless Maggie's heart and diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests are healthy enough to withstand anesthesia. Plan on a significant expense which I can't estimate so be sure to get a written estimate before anything is done.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.