Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My stafie had surgery 8 weeks ago he had a toy that was

Customer Question

My stafie had surgery 8 weeks ago he had a toy that was loged in his stomach he recoved great. He wen in yesterday to be desexed after opp he could not wake up doficulty breathing and internal bleading he died why please help
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm very, very sorry to hear about your loss. It is extremely hard to lose a patient under anesthesia / due to a surgical procedure. Why did this happen this time when he did so well with his first surgery for the foreign material? Honestly, there is going to not be a definite answer, but my concerns go to his heart. Could there have been some underlying issue there that finally was pushed to far and he succumbed to it? A neuter is a pretty straight forward procedure and there shouldn't be huge complications from it in that short of a time frame to cause a passing. If there was bleeding? Could he have had a bleeding issue such as from getting into rat or mouse poison? These baits can cause bleeding but it takes about 2 to 3 days after getting it to bleed. If this was the case, the incision should have been bleeding a lot and even then, they don't pass that quickly. I wonder if the anesthesia protocol was the same? Could he have had a very bad reaction to something if it was changed? I wish I could say something that would bring him back. My condolences at this time of loss.