Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I live in Osage Beach Missouri and want to have my rabbit

Customer Question

I live in Osage Beach Missouri and want to have my rabbit neutered - Can you recommend a vet to do the neutering? Desperate!
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Goodness! You are in an awkward location there. Your closest exotics vets are based in St. Louis or Kansas City (More Info). While there is no reason your local vets cannot castrate a rabbit, if they are not comfortable then it would be a lesser risk to consider a trek to one of those vets in this case. Otherwise, since 2 hour trips are not ideal, your best bet here will be to contact the Missouri Vet School (http://www.vmth.missouri.edu/small_an_clinic.htm). They will have board certified surgeons and anesthesia specialists who will be trained to handle rabbit surgery and do this for Oreo. It still means an hour jaunt to them, but it would likely be our best option in this case.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Oreo. How is everything going?
Dr. B.