Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My wee Yorkie is panting how can I make m comfortable until

Customer Question

My wee Yorkie is panting how can I make him comfortable until I can take him to the vet tomorrow morning ?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hello there - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works in the US with dogs and cats. I'm sorry that your question hasn't been addressed in a timely manner. We do our best to be available 24/7 but sometime differences in time zones can affect the experts' availability. I know that you may no longer be in need of assistance, but I just got online and I don't want to leave you hanging.

Unfortunately panting is a very vague sign and not specifically indicative of any one disease or problem. It typically indicates anxiety or discomfort of some variety. This could range from fears and phobias to painful issues or even severe itching or nausea. You are doing the absolute right thing by taking him to the vet to see what's going on. Please feel free to respond with an update on how your boy is doing today if you should need more guidance - I would be happy to continue chatting with you until we've covered all of your questions.

Thank you :)

~Dr. Sara