Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My discus is not eating and has a pinkish thing sticking out

Customer Question

My discus is not eating and has a pinkish thing sticking out on its bottom it has been hanging out at bottom of tank and not eating . had to order antibiotics. when I got up this morning it had this little round pale pink ball on its bottom
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

When did he last pass feces?

Do you see any fronds/extensions from this pink ball?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use thepaperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr,Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know when the last potty was tried to take picture but keeps hiding
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had to order metronidazole yesterday woke up this morning to this
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

If you aren't sure and because we do have a few issues here, I will need a photo when he is out of hiding. Therefore, if you can get that and post it, it will allow me to aid you properly.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture how do I attach it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can email it to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What email do I send it to
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I am afraid that we cannot accept emails, but you can post it using the paper clip icon above your text bar. Otherwise, you can post it on any website and then paste the link here. Just to note, I am going to have to go away and see a patient shortly, so I may be delayed in reply but I do promise to review your photo as soon as I am back. If that is an issue for you (which is understandable), then you can just click relist and another vet can aid you in my absence.

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.