Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

I just got a rabbit from friends who could not care. He

Customer Question

I just got a rabbit from friends who could not care for it. He seems to be eating well but I notice he is losing fur down his back along his spine. He is outside but in the shade. I've been feeding him a standard rabbit feed mix and some carrots(not much) as a treat. I thought the fur loss might be from the summer heat but its getting worse.
Can you help.
Barbara
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, Barbara. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Are you seeing BonBon scratching, itching or grooming this area?
Are there any signs of dander, crusting, or scabs on this skin?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.