How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 24383
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Found my dog chewing on a piece of something similar to pipe

Customer Question

Found my dog chewing on a piece of something similar to pipe putty. Is this harmful or toxic? No symptoms yet. Has been about 4 hours since incident. What action should I take?
Dog is a 1 1/2 year old Mini Schnauzer. Thanks.
Diane
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. While I'm necessarily constrained by not know what the exact product was, I can tell you that none of the caulking and sealing compounds are considered of significant toxicity to dogs. Minor gastrointestinal distress - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea - may arise from ingesting such an unusual "food" but toxicity isn't expected.
If your dog has remained asymptomatic at this time, your dog should continue to do well. Please give me an update.

Related Veterinary Questions