Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My 11 year old Pekingese is all of sudden is restless,

Customer Question

Hello, my 11 year old Pekingese is all of sudden is restless, panting and can't stay still for even a minute. He is moving fine, tail up in the air, but something just seems wrong. He started to have diarrhea this morning, and wants to go outside all the day. When I take him out, sometimes he goes poop but most of the time he just stands outside the door. He's also barking as usual. I took him to the vet, and his temperature and heart were normal. What could be the problem? Thank you
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Did his vet note any belly discomfort?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
What does his diarrhea look like? Any blood or mucus?
Is he eating and drinking? Can he keep water down?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
When he goes out, do you see any straining to go when he doesn't pass stool?