Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

6yr old arab gelding...today presents with acute edema below

Customer Question

6yr old arab gelding...today presents with acute edema below hocks..below knees in front...like "stocking up"...but has never had these symptoms.pits if pressed very firmly...no fever..no heat in feet....appetite normal...stiff but not lame....walking reduced swelling a bit tonight ..turnout is 24/7...lunged in training..walk trot...rare canter...may have gotten heavy load of himalayan salt....water was gone and not checked...rained and on salt which may be what he drank instead.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Doctor.A replied 1 year ago.
hello, I am Dr A, and would love to help. are you available to discuss? have you taken his temperature? Is he eating normally?