Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog suddenly walks very fast from one spot to another spot and sit

Customer Question

My dog suddenly walks very fast from one spot to another spot and sit down quickly. He does not like we touch his bud. We checked his bud and did not see anything. Cannot figure out the reason.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
The most common cause for this behavior especially in this breed is impacted anal glands. These are glands on either side of the anus that can get filled with a thick fluid that cannot come out and make your poor Cody very uncomfortable. You cannot see this from the outside in most cases and your vet will have to express these glands to remove this liquid that is causing this discomfort. Take Cody to your vet for an exam and then you will know for sure and he will be relieved of his discomfort.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****