Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Difference between neoplasia, mucocele and sialocele?? My dog has possible mucocele.

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Neoplasia : is just another word for cancer which is used more commonly by vets and doctors rather than the public, it really means a proliferation of abnormal cells or abnormal amounts of cells somewhere in the body, but this can be due to either benign or malignant conditions. 2. To all common intents and purposes you can regard a sialocele and a salivary mucocele as being the same thing, namely a cyst in the salivary gland containing mucoid saliva. Why these occur is often hard to work out, but consider trauma or infection infection, usually they are benign but is rarer cases some form of cancer is involved. 3. Here is a link to a very accurate article which covers this condition so you can research things in more depth : LINK I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards,Dr Scott.Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his health matters.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Milena,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Wookiee. How is everything going?