Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

We have a 7 y/o Maltese, who had

Customer Question

We have a 7 y/o Maltese, who had an abscess which was treated by puncturing and draining over the past two weeks. The abscess area now has a hard ring around it (feels like a scarring) and she now has a lump behind her lower side. When looking at the affected area now, it looks like a yard that has a mole in it. Our Vet did not know what the problem is, so we were hoping you may have seen something like this before.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance. Would you be able to send along a picture of the affected area? Is it still draining? Has she been on antibiotics all of this time? Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for a second opinion...a one time only question and did not want to sign up for a monthly subscription, so I wanted to delete the question, but saw no way to do that. Thank you for your time and my apologies for wasting it.