Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

We found an abandoned puppy today in the woods in dallas. He

Customer Question

We found an abandoned puppy today in the woods in dallas. He is 4 months old. He seems very dehydrated. Vet out him on Iv drip of ootassium. But still his right front and back legs become stuff he can't stand his head tilts to the far right his right eye littl ebloodshot. Still wags tail despite all this. Eats and drinks water help
Submitted: 1 year ago via PetWave.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
I am so sorry to hear about this poor wee lad. The signs you have described (the right head tilt, stiffness to the right front and back legs) do raise concerns that he has a lesion in his brain that is inducing these signs. Now at his age, this will most likely be soft tissue swelling or a bleed from a blunt force trauma to his head. Though just to note, we can see this with some brain infections, parasites, or growths. But again with his history of abandonment, we'd be more concerned about those brain injuries. And because of that, with supportive care, anti-inflammatories, and time (since brains do heal slowly), we could see this improve and this little one start to normalize as he recovers.
Please take care,
Dr. B.