DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine- class of 2007.
24095035

I have 8 year old yellow lab she has a skin infection and is

Customer Question

I have 8 year old yellow lab she has a skin infection and is on antibiotics and Benadryl. She is eating and functions seem normal she just seems a little lethargic. She saw her Vet Friday and he seemed to think she was fine. The hot weather also takes
a lot out her. Should I be concerned on how she is acting.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. It may be a combination of things causing your dog's lethargy. Antibiotics can make them feel a little crummy and Benadryl causes drowsiness and turn the heat also.... Try to keep him cool...use a fan if needed. Make sure he is plenty hydrated. If he is not eating well if us vomiting, then contact your vet. You can minimize the Benadryl if he is not too itchy and that may help. I hope this helps. Best wishes.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ