Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Veterinarian
Experience:  12 year of veterinary experience in surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

hi, I would like to know what is wrong ; my cat has passing

hi, I would like to know what is wrong ; my cat has passing very little urine and spend a long time trying to urinated ..is not eating and not drinking water ..if I give him water (almost a tea spoon ) its vomits a yellow foam...I will be taking it to the Vet tomorrow .The cat is about 5years old ...i'am wondering if is ok to wait until tomorrow
This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help.
When did this start?
If you gently push on his belly does he tense up or feel painful?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

last night ..and yes ..he feel s pain when touch in the belly

Thank you for answering those questions. It sounds like Dallas has a urinary blockage. It is a fairly common emergency situation. Male cats have a very narrow urethra and it can be easily blocked with mucous, blood and urinary crystals. When the blockage occurs they pass little or no urine and the bladder expands like a balloon. That then causes severe pain and if the blockage is not relieved then kidney failure and eventually death occurs. Typically it is caused by infection, crystals in the urine, bladder stones or a condition called idipathic feline lower urinary tract disease. Testing can determine which of those is occurring. The vomiting is a sign that toxins are already building up in his body from the blockage. Waiting overnight could be life threatening so he definitely needs to be seen by a veterinarian immediately. There isn't anything that can be done at home in these situations. If you have more questions please reply back.