Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.
56364752

My dog just ate: (1) an Advanced Bionutritionals Healthy Resolve

My dog just ate:
(1) an Advanced Bionutritionals Healthy Resolve (multiple vitamin) tablet;
(2) an Advanced Bionutritionals tablet containing saw palmetto (213mg), pygeum Africanum (50mg), Stinging Nettle (50mg), D3 (cholecaiciferol) 400 IUs, selinium amino acid complex (50mg)dindolyimethane (110mg); and,
(3) a calcium supplement tablet containing 600 mgs of calcium carbonate and 500 IUs of vitamin D3 (cholecaiciferol).
What action should I take?

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. What breed is Lucy and how much does she weigh? Were these the nutritional supplements you were about to take?

Dr. Barbara :

If Lucy is a large breed dog, then these would likely be fine for her. . .one dose of any of these would not be a problem. If Lucy is a small breed dog, this would be a one time overdose for her and again, probably not problematic. To be safe, you could evacuate her stomach by making her vomit with 1 tsp. of hydrogen peroxide per 5 pounds of body weight. If she doesn't vomit in 10 minutes, this dose could be repeated once.

Customer:

Lucy is 28 lbs and a mixed breed.

Customer:

Yes, these were supplements I was about to take before she beat me to them.

Dr. Barbara :

Her normal dose then for these would be about 1/4 of each one. Just one time will likely not cause any side effects, except for possible stomach upset, but since you have the chance, I'd go ahead and give her the hydrogen peroxide dose. She'd get 5 tsp.

Customer:

Thank you.

Dr. Barbara :

You are welcome! You and Lucy have a good day!

Dr. Barbara :

Dr. Barbara

Hi Donna,
Thanks so much for the rating and bonus. . .very much appreciated!
Just checking in to see how Lucy is doing. . .I'm sure fine, but it would be nice to hear.
Thanks so much,
Dr. Barbara