Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal veterinary medicine

My 8 year old pug has what appears to be some kind of head

My 8 year old pug has what appears to be some kind of head cold. Very snotty eye has green discharge sneezing breathing through his mouth. He is on an antibiotic since Thursday not getting better?

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Louie lou's situation. What antibiotic is he on and dosing? Is he sneezing and coughing more? Is the eye discharge from just one eye? Is he still eating well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes he is eating it is doxycycline he is taking. The green discharge is in one eye. He can't breathe through his nose. No coughing just sneezing.
Thanks for that information. That is good that he's eating as I get more concerned when appetite is gone and the doxycycline can in some cause loss of appetite or vomiting. At this point in time, for him to have just been on it for 3 days, that more than likely isn't long enough to see significant improvement. Upper respiratory issues sometimes take longer to resolve. In a situation like this, there may be a viral component to the infection that is going to require time and his immune system to fight this off. As far as what you can do at home to help him out, the best thing is lots of rest and good nutrition. Those two things help his immune system to be at peak effectiveness for fighting off these infections. I would bring him into the bathroom a couple times a day when the shower is being run to let all the warmth / steam / humidity help to get into his sinuses to help break up and soften the material that is there for him to get it out of his body. I would keep the eye as free of debris as possible. If he starts to hold it shut or squint with it, then a recheck of the eye is needed as there may be some other issue going on there like a scratch. I wouldn't feel that altering the antibiotics is needed at this time. I would be surprised if this situation isn't looking much better mid next week.