Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My yorkie got into the pet eze chews she weighs about 8 pounds

My yorkie got into the pet eze chews she weighs about 8 pounds and I can only figure took aboit 10 what can I do
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern.

Very tough question. For a little yorkie, that is a lot of chews to ingest at once. My fear is not only possible obstruction being caused by the chews, but bad gastritis or pancreatitis.

So, the key to your question is in the symptoms. You are already observing coughing/hacking and she is clearly in distress as evident by labored breathing.

For me, that definitely warrants the emergency vet visit.

To help settle the stomach you could give a 1/4 tablet of Pepcid A.C. 10mg antacid, or a ½ tsp of pepto-bismol. But, I really don't think an antacid will be good enough to help her degree of distress.
Very sorry that she is not feeling well. Truly wish I could do more.
Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Please, hold off providing your feedback rating until you have asked all your questions. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.