Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

I have a Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix shes about 55lb

I have a Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix shes about 55lb shes has been running around in the leaves ect. And now is sneezing can I give her benadryl and how much she is 2 yrs old thanks judy
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

In response to your question, yes, you can give her Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 50mg every 12 hours as needed. You can also open the hot water in your bathroom and allow her to breath the vapor/steam for 5 minutes 2-3 times a day, this will clear her nasal passages.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks is benadryl the only thing she can take I know it might make her sleepy ? I will first try the steam and see if that helps first. Thanks so much Judy

Judy dogs are actually more tolerant to the sedative effects of benadryl than humans. You can also try Zyrtec (cetirizine) 10mg once a day.

You're welcome.

Dr. Peter