Thank you for your prompt reply. I just wish to have more info....
- Is it possible for these "seizures" to be only, at most, 3 times since 2006? The most recent one being less than a month ago?
Could the following be triggers? Either Seizures/Leg chewing?
- In Jan 2013 we had to put our feline friend Newman down. He was 11 years old; a blood clot in his nerve at base of tail splice. Newman never came back home with us. Bear knew him from 2006 (7 years) and they got along.
- Mid-spring 2013 I brought Bear in to see the vet, off regular visit schedule, because he has 2 "lumps" under each of his armpits. The vet stated they were not "attached" so more than likely are fat tissue deposits.
- Bear had been living in the same home from Feb 2006 - Aug 2013. In July 2013 we would bring him and our other dog to the new house while we got it ready so they could get a "smell" for the place. In addition, possibly help with the anxiety of moving. Once we moved in, it seems that that's when the chewing/licking began.
We thought it may be anxiety from moving. We played classical music during the day while gone to work, my husband visits mid-day everyday.
The sores; we have bandaged him up giving him Benadryl for itch, for minimum 1 week until it is healed to where the skin is pinky/white again. Now, he has started again, same leg, different places. Now there are mini spots the size of an eraser on a pencil, about 3 of them. They are red and almost look like "bloody spot" in his hair.
- I have changed his food to Senior food (Sept 2013) he is given 2 cup serving bowls twice a day once at 7am and next at 330pm. At times his breakfast is still there by noon. I only give them Lamb & Rice formula food, as chicken and organic formula foods seem to rich as they have diarrhea the whole transitional period.
- I have given him (and continue to) give him Benadryl 1 tablet once daily.
- I give him senior multi-vitamins 3 tablets (1 per 20lbs) he is approx. 70lbs
- In damp weather I give him 1-2 dog-aspirin tablets and I notice he "bounces" in his steps when I do that.
- He is outside in the yard more than 1 hr a day and is free run in a 190x50 size yard, he plays with our other dog or us if we start he will reciprocate.
If you need any other information please let me know.
Bear was found in Feb 2006 in -40 C weather. I opened my door, he came in I gave him some water and then he layed down on my floor. I opened the door to see if he would go home, he went out went pee and cried at my door to come back in, and hasn't left since :) His paws were frostbit that day, so now we watch the weather and how long he is outside in cooler periods.