Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

I accidentally administered 50 mg. of Tramadol to my 20 ld.

I accidentally administered 50 mg. of Tramadol to my 20 ld. yorkie mix instead of the prescribed 25 mg. about 1/2 hour ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, giving 50mg of Tramadol to a 20 lbs yorkie is not going to be toxic. This dose though double of your vet's recommendation is still within the therapeutic range. Your dog will be fine, maybe a little sleepier otherwise he/she will be ok, no need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter