EmergencyVets
EmergencyVets, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Emergency Veterinarian 10 years of experience..
63977546

I have a hedgehog and I of course keep her cage at 78 degress

I have a hedgehog and I of course keep her cage at 78 degress our house though i s much much cooler than that is it safe for her to play with us for short periods? We take her out for about 45 minutes a day, is this ok or will she eventually deide to try and hibernate when we take her out.?

EmergencyVets :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian and will be happy to help you today..

EmergencyVets :

You are free to take her out and let her cruise around with you guys and play for short periods. there is no danger in doing this .. She will not go into hibernation because of this - Sounds like you are keeping a goo deye on her daily temperaute in her cage - that is great.. Please feel free to play with her :)

EmergencyVets :

Hope this helps.. Please don't hesitate to ask further questions if you have concerns or are not satisfied by my answer.. If no further questions please Rate and Accept my answer.. That and positive feedback are the only way I receive credit for my time.. Take care and good luck. Dr. Chad

Customer:

Thank you very much, I am glad taking her out for short periods will not do her any harm.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

EmergencyVets