Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

I took our Greek to tortoiseinto the vet fo a respiratory infection.

I took our Greek to tortoiseinto the vet fo a respiratory infection. He perscribed Baytril-Enroflaxin injections 2.27 percent.
The runny nose and wezing went away but now he has swollen wet eyes.
Suggestions please.
Thanks Keith

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

There could be a couple of things going on here. Swollen wet eyes can be a result of the previous infection affecting his eyes. If this is the case he'll likely need to go back to the vet for prescription eye drops. In the meantime you can use human over the counter eye drops like artificial tears drops or Genteal eye drops twice daily until you revisit the vet.

The set of symptoms also could suggest a lack of vitamin A. There are two good ways to boost vitamin A. The first is through foods like sweet potatoes, carrots, dark greens, yellow squash, and apricots. The other is through the supplement Healx Sunshine factor found here:

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are welcome!
Hi Keith,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kermit. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan