Dr. Gregg
Dr. Gregg, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years experience in general veterinary medicine
64354720

have a 5 yr old female cockatiel, she has developed on a leg/foot

have a 5 yr old female cockatiel, she has developed on a leg/foot large blister like pustules that have been there for a couple of years
she now has some that have gotten very large and appear to be bursting or opening from her biting at it
Hello, I'm Dr. Gregg and I am going to try to help you tonight. While I cannot diagnose moochie without seeing her, from your description, I would be suspicious of gout. In birds it is a kidney problem and related to diet. What do you feed moochie?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Standard Cockatiel seed mix, with daily pellet addition

a little fresh corn,brocoli, apples every couple of days, some fresh roasted almonds, but she loves bread

Thanks for that information. Seed mix is a poor diet for a cockatiel and the pellets may not be able to make up for seeds shortcomings. If this is gout you are going to need the help of a veterinarian experienced in treating birds. Gout would mean moochie has kidney disease and is in need of medical help.
Hi Robert,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Moochie. How is everything going?

Dr. Gregg