Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Hi thank you for your fast reply. Zippy is a chewer so we have

Hi thank you for your fast reply. Zippy is a chewer so we have to watch any cloth around him etc.....he has his treats etc..so his tooth doesn't over grow (none being red) except a berry yogurt treat. What if he starts to eat the paper? Thank you
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
To avoid Zippy eating nondigestibles you can simply keep him confined on a white plastic cutting board or something similar. Hamsters urinate quite often so you shouldn't have long to wait to see what his urine looks like.

Please continue our conversation if you wish.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. So I take it we are to take the stuffing out of his one cage if blood should we try and reach a vet immediately?

Thank you for the Cheese State Wisconsin. :)

Zippy need only be on a surface on which you can readily see his urine. He gets to have his stuffing back when you can confirm that it's blood from his urinary tract that you're seeing rather than food dye.

You're welcome from the big island of Hawaii.

Yes, the presence of blood dictates a vet visit. I'm going to check back with you in a few days for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.

Please disregard the info request.

May I have an update on Zippy, please?